Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cream Cheese Croissants

I love Red Monkey Foods (http://www.redmonkeyfoods.com/).  They have some truly delicious creations.  I found this recipe on their site and decided I would make it with the kids in my cooking classes at school.  But first I had to make my kids be guinea pigs.  Of course, I had to guinea pig myself too!

The result?  Tooooooo sweet.  But, with some alterations, I'm making it my own and I'm sure on Monday it will be well-received by all the kids!  And short of having an adult take the tray in and out of the oven, most of the kids can do this on their own!

CREAM CHEESE CROISSANTS

2 packages refrigerated crescent dough
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp raspberry or blackberry preserves
2 tbsp butter, melted
cinnamon sugar blend

Remove crescent dough from package and separate triangles on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.

Combine cream cheese and sugar, stirring to blend.

Place some of the cream cheese mixture on each croissant triangle, then put some of the preserves on each, swirling with the cream cheese.  Place another triangle on top of each and pinch the edges to seal.  Brush with melted butter, then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.

Bake in a 350 oven for 15 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown.  Serve warm.

Alternatively, you can pinch together the seams of two triangles to make a square, then put the cream cheese mixure in the middle and fold the edges together to make it a turnover style roll.  Bake as directed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment