Sunday, November 28, 2010

With the schedules we keep in my house it is usually easier to plan our menus by the week.  Between the after-school programs, me teaching 2 afternoons a week and my husband in class 2 nights a week, it's nice to know exactly what the plan is as soon as we walk in the door.  I will frequently pull 2-3 days worth of meat out of the freezer at a time too, so I have no excuse but to cook it!

This week, though, I have planned 12 days worth of dinners.  It will likely stretch into almost 3 weeks though, because we have things like leftover pulled pork, chili, and spaghetti sauce in the freezer.  But, here is what I am planning for the next couple of weeks:

From Cooking Light magazine:
Green curry chicken
Spiced pork tenderloin with sauteed apples
Sloppy joe meatloaf (I'm using a sloppy joe recipe from CL and turning it into a meatloaf!)
Mexican chili-cheese burgers
Spicy chicken sandwiches with cilantro-lime mayo
Sesame noodles with chicken
Malaysian chicken pizza
Chili-beef soft tacos
Buttermilk-brined pork chops

From Epicurious
Grilled Marinated sirloin strip steaks
Chicken with sun-dried tomato cream sauce

And a recipe from a cookbook I looked through at work, then made a copy of this page:
Hawaiian turkey burgers

Finally, a recipe from Cook's Country
Oven-fried chicken

It's gotten really cold this week and a few of these recipes call for the grill, so it looks like we'll be putting our grill pan to work this week.  Our cut-off for grilling is about -20, but it takes a lot of propane to keep a grill warm at even 10 above, so I'll be grilling indoors.  I'm sure we'll throw in some leftovers as well as a night or two where we just make grilled cheese or throw some pizza bites in the oven.  But hopefully we can stick to this as much as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment