Saturday, November 6, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte

My friend Heather over at her blog, Out of the Box Into the Kitchen, found this recipe from yet another blogger.  She has been on a pumpkin kick and I figured, since Turkey Day is coming, I should try to get on the kick too!  So this morning I made a small batch...and had to go back and make some more!  I did alter it a little, just to see what worked best for my tastes, which I recommend you do as well.  If you like a stronger pumpkin flavor, add more pumpkin or spice (or both!).  I used Maxwell House the first time and North Pole Coffee's Musher's Blend the second.  The only thing is the pumpkin can settle on the bottom if you don't stir it while you drink.  So serve with a stir-stick or spoon to keep it blended.

Pumpkin Spice Latte-shared from Newlyweds


2 cups milk

3 tbsp pumpkin puree

2 tbsp sugar

1/2 cup strong coffee or espresso

1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice

2 tsp vanilla

Place milk, pumpkin, and sugar in small saucepan, stir. Heat to steaming. Stir in spice and vanilla. Pour in coffee. Stir and place into mugs. Top with whipped cream if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment