Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My sister and her kids are coming for a visit for a few days and of course, I've got to break out the BIG GUNS in the kitchen!  But, there are two problems: it's gotta be something all 5 kids will eat (hers and mine), AND three of the nights they're here we'll have softball and baseball, so it'll have to be relatively to fix when we get home. 

While I can't promise everything will be on the table by 7:30, I'll do my best to try!  But here's some things I'll be making while they're here!


Barbecued Cowboy Steaks

Big Dave's Beef Machaca (a HUGE favorite in my house)

Buttermilk Brined Pork Chops (another fantastic and QUICK dish)

Cream Cheese Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas (the name says it all, and it says FABULOUS)

Penne with Parmesan Cream and Prosciutto

I also thought of a few sides, some will be quick and out of the freezer, others will be these:

twice baked potatoes

grilled new potatoes with parmesan and herbs

garlic monkey bread

zucchini oven chips

Then, of course, we HAVE to have sundaes for dessert, so we'll be making homemade ice cream.  But my sister and I will be having that homemade ice cream with Vanilla Roasted Strawberries (a new recipe I found that I will post).  They looked so pretty in the picture I just HAD to try them, lol!  I'll let you know how they turn out!

Oh, and another recipe I need to post, Mocha Pecan Mud Pie.  I told my sister about it and she said "ooooooohhhhh...."  I think anything coffee and ice ceam will make her happy, lol! 

Most of these recipes are from my favorite web site, Myrecipes.com, with my own twist added. 

It's amazing how excited I get when company comes...I don't know what is more fun: entertaining my guests or entertaining our stomachs with the food we cook when they're here!

2 comments:

  1. the penne with parmesan cream and proscuitto sounds tasty!

    and i know the enchiladas are devine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The penne is an epicurious recipe, check it out. The kids love it, and I cook up some chicken breasts and then shred them and add it to the dish to make it more of a meal.

    ReplyDelete