Saturday, May 15, 2010

Peanutty baked chicken cutlets

I made this last night even though I *really, really* did not feel like cooking.  I'm so glad I did because it was quite tasty!  Rob gave it two thumbs up, and the kids gobbled it down!  I even forgot to serve the chutney on the side (I had mango chutney in the fridge), but the kids love it as-is!  I added a tablespoon or so of olive oil to the bread crumbs instead of spraying with cooking spray.  It's just a personal preference.  The only complaint I got from Lauren, that it needed some heat.  I might try something simple like adding pepper, but I think she wanted something more complex like cayenne.  I did use Alder-Smoked Moosetard, so maybe next time I'll just try Alaskan Wildfire Moosetard...or maybe I'll just use plain 'ol Dijon!  Either way, it was really good and SUPER quick!

A quick spritz of cooking spray on the cutlets before they hit the hot oven enhances the crispness and color of the crust. Serve with baked sweet potatoes and broccoli spears.



Peanutty Baked Chicken Cutlets
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cutlet and 1 tablespoon chutney)

Ingredients

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

1/3 cup peanuts

1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)

4 (1/2-inch-thick) chicken breast cutlets (about 1 pound)

Cooking spray

1/4 cup peach chutney

Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 500°.
2. Combine honey and mustard in a small bowl; stir well. Place peanuts in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Combine peanuts and panko in a shallow bowl.
3. Brush each cutlet with honey mixture; dredge cutlets in panko mixture. Place cutlets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; lightly coat cutlets with cooking spray. Bake at 500° for 8 minutes or until done. Serve with chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment